A message from State Growth about the South East Traffic Solution Projects:
The South East Traffic Solution aims to help maintain the liveability of Sorell and the Southern Beaches by improving travel time reliability through a more efficient and safer road network.
Project commitments under the South East Traffic Solution include:
- Arthur Highway Overtaking Lane – an overtaking lane on the Arthur Highway, south of Iron Creek Bridge.
- Midway Point Intersection Solution – Replacing the roundabout with signalised intersection.
- Sorell Southern Bypass – A bypass between the Tasman Highway near the Giblin Drive intersection and the Arthur Highway near Nugent Road.
- Planning for duplication of Tasman Highway between Airport and Sorell – Planning to widen both causeways and duplicate McGees Bridge.
- Tasman Highway – Hobart Airport to Midway Point causeway – Turning facilities and two further lanes linking the first causeway with the new Hobart Airport Interchange.
- Hobart Airport Interchange Upgrade – Replacing the roundabout with a new interchange.
Please visit the Department of State Growth’s website for full details on these projects including concept plans, how you can provide your feedback, and community drop in information sessions.