Council’s annual Community and Youth Grants Program provides financial support to eligible community groups and organisations within the Municipality.
Community Assistance Grants totalled $16,711 and were awarded to:
- Forcett Community Hall Committee
- Sorell Mends Shed & Heritage Museum Inc.
- Pittwater Art Group
- Jazz by the Sea
- Midway point Yacht Club
- Sea Rescue Tasmania
- Sorell Football Club Inc.
- South East Boxing Club
- South East Suns Women’s Football Club
- Orielton Hall Committee Inc
- South East United Football Club
- Primrose Sands Community Centre
- Southern Tasmanian Country Music Muster
- Dunalley Volunteer Fire Brigade
- Sorell RSL Sub Branch Inc.
- Southern Beaches Landcare/Coastcare
Youth Grants totalled $9,266 and were awarded to
- Dodges Ferry Junior Soccer Club
- Primrose Sands Parenting Group
- Bream Creek Farmers Market
- Midway Point Neighbourhood House
- Okines Community House Inc.
- South East Suns Netball Association
- 1st Pittwater Scout Group – Midway Point
- Dodges Ferry Fire Brigade Junior Cadets
- Sorell Girl Guides
Council provided $13,100 of annual funding to Copping, Dunalley, Nugent, Forcett and Primrose Sands Hall Committees, Sea Rescue, Combined Churches Carols by Candlelight and SBRA Annual Art Acquisition Prize.
Total funds for the 2018-2019 Community Grants Program was $39,078.
Successful applications will have their grant presented to them at a presentation event in July. Council sincerely wishes these groups all the best with their events and activities over the coming year.
For further information about the grant program, please contact Jackie at Council on 6269 0000 or email email@example.com
Recipients of 2017/2018 Community and Youth Grants are reminded that grant acquittals are required to be submitted by Tuesday 31 July 2018.Community And Youth Grant Program Acquittal Form 2017-2018 (0.4 MiB)