The Annual Plan and Budget for the 2018 – 2019 financial year was passed at the June Council meeting. Council has kept the rate rise to 2.5%, in line with the Long Term Financial Plan, which focuses on ensuring the long term sustainability of Council.
This 2.5% rate rise amounts to $37.48 per year, or approximately 72 cents a week, for an average residential property.
Council’s budget for 2018 – 2019 provides funding for essential services, maintenance of existing assets and new infrastructure growth. This budget commits significant funds of $7.4 million for capital works projects including:
- $2.4 million to replace Sunnyside Bridge on Nugent Road and improve associated road approaches; and to replace a bridge on Stokes Road.
- $1.1 million for reconstruction of sections of Sugarloaf Road and Brinktop Road
- $525,000 to complete the next stage of the Urban Street Sealing Program.
- $370,000 for reseals on segments of Primrose Sands Road, Carlton Beach Road and Sugarloaf Road.
- $420,000 to renew footpaths in Dodges Ferry, Sorell and Midway Point.
- $430,000 for resheeting of unsealed roads.
- $20,000 for walkways and access tracks.
- $560,000 for upgrade of depot equipment.
- $511,000 for installing minor stormwater infrastructure.